Special event plan
Final Project- Special Event Plan
You will develop a Campus Recreation Special Event that involves multiple areas of a typical Campus Rec department (aquatics, outdoor adventure, fitness, competitive sports, etc.) as well as a partnership with another department of the University outside of Campus Recreation. Your special event should be open to all students, although you may choose to have a specific target audience (new students/ international students/families/etc).
Special events may range from a "Rec Fest" festival-type event that highlights various programs available through Campus Recreation to a unique round-robin of competitions for RSOs to compete in, to a focused event like an International Day at the Rec that highlights programs for international students, and also hosts international food tables and unique sport demos like cricket and hurling. Consider what populations would benefit from a specialty event and what would draw those populations in. You will need to justify your event and how it meets the goals set forth, as well as explaining how the event supports the Mission of SIU's Recreational Sports and Services.
You will complete a proposal for your special event that is similar to a feasibility report, as discussed in Chapter 13. The report will need to include the following:
1. Event type and description, including proposing a name.
2. List at minimum 3 goals for your event. These should be general goals that drive the purpose of the event, not learning outcomes
3. On-campus partners (other University departments) and their role
4. Any off-campus partners and their role
5. Propose a date and time for your event in 2022 and list any potential conflicting events that may occur on campus or in Carbondale. (You will need to check the university calendar for things like finals week. Homecoming, etc.)
6. Eligibility requirements for participation (students only? Are community members welcome?) as
well as identifying the target audience (if there is one)
7. Facility needs. Complete the attached SIU facility Request form to identify potential venues available. The Rec Center does not charge itself for use of facilities, so the rental fees on the form should not be included in the overall budget.
8. Event budget including any income and how it will be generated (sponsorships? registration fees?) as well as major expenditures.
9 Schedule of events
10. A list of marketing strategies, including existing student organizations or groups that may be particularly interested in participating. Think about living/learning floors or other housing groups, RSO's, or student facility users.
11. A written justification of the event that demonstrates how the goals of the event fit with the mission of SIU Recreational Sports and Services (About Us | Recreational Sports and Services | SIU ults
This is a Proposal, instructions are uploaded below & will upload all links needed
Copy Of SIU Recreation link:
Special Event Plan
Intramural sports are a special event that I'm planning to hold in the college. It is recreational sports organized within the institution to give students the opportunity to compete and participate in a fun and safe recreational atmosphere. These sports always make students develop lifelong skills that include teamwork and effective communication, vital in their careers. The main goals of intramural sports will allow the students to increase social contact, build long-lasting friendships, and promote healthy living. It is primary aim to give students the opportunity to get active and meet like-minded friends. In addition, given that the event deals with sports, it will be held within the college environment in partnership with the college sports department and other stakeholders who would like to support the event. The off-campus partners will help in sponsoring the event so that to make it colorful. They will make sure that the event is successful and the winners are awarded trophies.
In addition, given that intramural sports event is limited to participants and teams from institution settings, it will be vital to put a date that every student will be around the school. Therefore, the event will take place on March 9, 2022, even though there will be other activities such as Yoga flow and Cardio and strength Misty. The main participants of the events will be students and other stakeholders who wish to partner with the college for a successful event. Based on the information from the campus, all outdoor facilities will be available; thus, we will use them to make the event successful. Moreover, given that the event will involve the students, there will be a registration fee for any individual who wants to attend. Different sponsors will partner with us to make the event successful. Also, the event will involve sports activity, indicating that significant expenditure will be on the kits and other games tools such as ball games. The schedule of events will be from 10:00 Am to 6:30 pm, after which the winner will be represented with the trophies. Therefore, with these events, students will be able to achieve a lot as it will promote healthy living among students, which is justification that the college would have succeeded in building a healthy environment for every learner. It is evident that the event will make students align with other professionals in high education, thus achieving the event's goal.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Essay Writers!
We have subject matter experts ready 24/7 to tackle your specific tasks and deliver them ON TIME, ready to hand in. Our writers have advanced degrees, and they know exactly what’s required to get you the best possible grade.